No bullshit help for
perfectionists with deadlines
Deliver business value quickly without sacrificing your sanity by sticking to boring technologies and skipping the fads.
⚡ Optimize for developer speed and maintainability
- Skip the tangled web of microservices and use Django apps to stay in a delightful monolith
- Stick to tried-and-true technology like
- Offload slow processing to
django-db-queueto keep rendering time fast
✨ Marketing for Developers
✨ Serve multiple Django sites from one cloud server
✨ Django inclusion tags can modify page context 🤯
✨ Optimize the Django ORM 🚀
✨ Searching within an area with GeoDjango and PostGIS 🌎
✨ Django Reversion + Wagtail = magic 🧙
✨ Prettier URLs with automatic slug generation 🐌
✨ Easily update URL querystrings in a template
✨ Unique, but obfuscated URLs in Django
Hi, I'm Adam 👋
I've been a backend programmer for ~20 years in a variety of different languages before I discovered Python 10 years ago and never looked back.
alldjangoincludes all the hard-won experience I've gained over the years building production-scale Django websites.
Feel free to reach out to me on Mastodon or make a GitHub Issue with questions, comments, or bitter invectives.
All code is licensed as MIT.
Some of my side projects
- fediview.com: Generate a personalized summary from your Mastodon timeline
- devmarks.io: Bookmarking for Developers
- Unicorn: A full-stack component library for Django 🦄
- coltrane: A simple content site framework that harnesses the power of Django without the hassle 🎵
- python-utils.com: The online playground for Python utilities
- django-fbv: Utilities to make Django function-based views cleaner, more efficient, and better tasting
- minestrone: An opinionated Python library that lets you search, modify, and parse messy HTML with ease 🥫
This project is extremely indebted to the ethos (and design!) of boringrails.com by Matt Swanson. Check it out if you are more into 💎 than 🐍.